Mission & Strategic Priorities
ACS GCIPR’s mission is to catalyze the implementation of green chemistry and green engineering in the global pharmaceutical industry.
Inform and Influence the Research Agenda
- To monitor and identify new research opportunities with implications for more efficient process development and production.
- To influence the technical agendas of federal/international funding agencies by defining needs and advocating investment in specific areas of green chemistry and engineering innovation.
- To encourage external funding support for research in academic and government laboratories that will have direct value to the pharmaceutical industry.
Tools for Innovation
- To identify, design, and provide tools available to member companies to promote green chemistry and engineering innovation within the industry. To provide a centralized resource for accumulating alternatives, sharing tools, maintaining the toolbox, and minimizing duplication of effort.
- To educate and influence today’s and tomorrow’s pharmaceutical leaders on the business value and scientific merit of green chemistry and engineering and its application in the pharmaceutical industry.
- To provide green chemistry and engineering expertise to pharmaceutical corporations worldwide by utilizing the ACS GCI network of international affiliates and researchers and by sharing best practices among our members.